Quôc Viêt Foods® Recipes:
Cốt Bò Kho® Brand (Beef Stew Base)
Make Authentic Vietnamese Beef Stew in 60 Minutes!
Nothing beats a bowl of homemade beef stew! Today, we're making a simple and authentic Beef Stew recipe that takes a fraction of the time to make from scratch. Made using a few simple ingredients, and Quốc Việt Foods® Brand Beef Flavored Stew Base.
Feel free to add or omit any of the ingredients mentioned in this video. Our products are meant to suit your needs, and your taste! Have fun experimenting.
1. 1 jar of 10-oz Cốt Bò Kho® Brand - Quốc Việt Beef Stew Base (10 oz)
2. 2 lbs Beef Shank
3. 1 lb Sliced Carrots (1 inch thickness)
4. 1 Whole Diced Onion
5. 2 tsp Minced Garlic
6. 3 Pieces Lemongrass
7. 1 oz Thinly Sliced Ginger
9. 2 tbsp Oil
10. Garnishings and Condiments: Cilantro, Julienne (thin slice white onion); Thai Basil, Sriracha and Lime
11. Serve with: Bread
1. Marinate beef shank with 3 tbsp Cốt Bò Kho® Brand for 15 minutes
2. Sauté onions, garlic, lemongrass and chilli with 2 tbsp of cooking oil
3. Add marinated beef shank and stir fry for 15 minutes over medium heat
4. Transfer mixture to a 2 gallon sized pot; fill with 2 quarts of water
5. Stew the meat for 30 minutes until it's soft and tender
6. Add sliced carrots and 2 tbsp Cốt Bò Kho® Brand; cook for an additional 10 minutes
7. Adjust to taste with additional water or stew base only; allow the stew broth to thicken
8. Serve with bread