Quôc Viêt Foods® Recipes:
Cốt Phở Chay® Brand (Vegetarian "Pho" Soup Base)
Make Authentic Vegetarian Pho in 45 Minutes!
Nothing beats a bowl of homemade Pho! Today, we're making a simple and authentic Vegetarian & Vegan friendly Pho recipe, that takes a fraction of the time to make. Made using a few simple ingredients, and our secret ingredient, Quốc Việt Foods® Brand Vegetarian "Pho" Soup Base.
Feel free to add or omit any of the ingredients mentioned in this video. Our products are meant to suit your needs, and your taste! Have fun experimenting.
1. 1 Jar of Cốt Phở Chay® Brand - Quốc Việt Vegetarian Pho Soup Base (10 oz)
2. Quốc Việt Brand "Pho" Noodles
3. 1 lb each: 2" Sliced Carrots, Daikon Radish and Leeks
4. 4-oz Ginger
5. 3 Shallots
6. 2 lbs Cubed Fried Tofu
7. Sliced Vegan Meat ("Beef", "Pork")
8. 10 Pieces of Dehydrated Shiitake Mushrooms - wash with salt water
9. 1 lb Baby Oyster Mushroom - wash with salt water
10. 5-oz Oil
11. Garnishings and Condiments: Sliced Jalapenos, Bean Sprouts, Chopped Cilantro and Green Onion, Thai Basil, Lime, Hoisin Sauce and Sriracha
1. Grill and char whole shallots and ginger; place them in a cloth bag
2. Clean mushrooms with salt and water; let dry
3. Heat oil in pan to sear mushrooms with 2 tsp Cốt Phở Chay® Quốc Việt for 10 minutes; set aside
4. Deep fry cubed tofu until golden in color
5. Boil 4 quart water with 1/2 jar (5-oz) Cốt Phở Chay® Brand in a large pot
6. Add carrots, daikon, leek into the large pot, along with the shallot and ginger cloth bag; let boil for 15 minutes
7. Add 1 bag of the Phở spice filter bag (DO NOT TEAR) in the broth; remove after 15- 20 minutes
8. Slice and prepare all the vegan meats
9. Add the fried tofu, sautéed mushroom and vegan meat in the pot; let it boil altogether for an additional 10 minutes
10. Adjust the broth to taste by adding water or additional soup base
11. Blanch the Quốc Việt noodles in hot water for 2 second; let it dry and place it in a serving bowl
12. To serve: place all proteins and veggies on top of the blanched noodles with cilantro and green onion
13. Pour boiling broth over the noodles
14. Enjoy with garnishings and condiments!